Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ― Mother Teresa

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”  ― Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

3. Coffee Miller

coffee miller 

  Before I start today's topic, since our classmate last week introduce Saint-saens, so I want to recommend a piece of him.

David oistrakh is one of my favorite violinist. =D Hope you can enjoy it~(ノ>ω<)ノ
  Okay, now when you want to brew coffee, the first thing is that you need to "mill"(磨)the beans. There are many ways to mill, and one example is coffee mill (though you can use mortar and pestle to grind coffee beans...it may be a tough work)

  Every coffee miller, including electric or traditional, can adjust the grind to make beans become finer or coarser. Here is the point you should jot it down. The finer the coffee beans are, the faster the time you brew the coffee is and vise versa.(反之亦同) (sorry :P i am not mean to use big words~ I love this word after getting it from a paper)
  
  So, since the temperature is relatively low in filter coffee, you should grind finer. On the other hand, the temperature of vacuum coffee is higher than filter coffee. However, there are no strict rule here, and to brew a pleasant coffee takes a lot of trial and error.



   (coarse & fine coffee powder)
reference:http://www.specialty-coffee-advisor.com/how-to-grind-coffee.html (only for finding terms) (words:209)


  

10 comments:

  1. The violin music is very fair-sounding ~~~
    I'd like to have a cup of coffee and a book now~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks~ With this relaxing air, you may have a good time.

      Delete
  2. ha ha , I like to mill the coffee beans ~
    I think it's a really fun work ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mill I brought this Monday is an unadorned one. However, I know there are people that they have a collection of exquisite mills. (like this one http://baldmountaincoffee.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/sized/FULL/00002457.jpg ) Even to look at it is a contentment.

      Delete
    2. ya ~~ the link picture is like the one in my home ~~
      it's really a interesting and convenient tool ~

      Delete
  3. I remember that I always mill the coffee beans for my aunt (She is a coffee fan!). It was so interesting! The aroma of the coffee made me relax in my childhood.
    Maybe I can try to brew the coffee by myself next time. It must be cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee always give me the most enjoyable time in the day. It recharges my batteries (both mental and physical(?)) for everyday life~ just few hours ago, my friend made a fantastic espresso&latte for me>< So I am energetic now(? at 12:00..... Next week, I probably introduce how to brew coffee,but I'm still wondering if it is a little bit boring.

      Delete
  4. haha,thank for your visiting . XD
    hope you can make a cup of coffee to everyone in this english class someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ammmm.... Since eating&drinking are prohibited in the classroom, I think it is impossible..... Though, you can come to my dorm room in my free time ~ :)

      Delete
  5. I think how you mill the beans matters a lot in the coffee. My mom has made effort on that hard. It really needs trial and error. The violin is fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete