Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ― Mother Teresa

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”  ― Mother Teresa

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

2. coffee maker

To Start With--- the coffee maker introduction


  • vacuum coffee maker

A vacuum coffee maker need a heater which make the water in the lower vessel to boil  and thus to create vacuum environment to push water to the upper vessel.  The temperature of this brewing type is relative high, and this way is believed  to be suitable for  light roast coffee beans.   Through this way, body of coffee has tendency to be full. (vessel means the glass bottle)
  • drip brew coffee  
In drip brew coffee, which also be said "filtered coffee", water seeps through the coffee beans and extracts oil and fragrance  of  them. This way can brew a cup of  light or medium body. And the speed of pouring water is the main factor which changes the  flavor.

Though there are many ways to brew coffee, I only learn two above-mentioned ways.  But in my blog, I will focus on vacuum coffee maker. ٩(。・ω・。)و


p.s. "body" is a term that we use to describe the texture of coffee.and the full means there are more oil or more thickness.
Espresso is a typical example for full body.(color is dark)
To whom tends to like illustration, here is a video for you


the next post, I will talk about how to brew a cup of coffee~

4 comments:

  1. I don't know there are different ways to brew a cup of coffee before reading your post. Next time when I go to the coffee shop, I will ask how they brew a cup of coffee. Thanks for your posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (pretend solemn) Actually most of the shop sell espresso, since the advertisement of starbucks is everywhere........(that also means the money they spent on advertisement is a handsome sum...)
      _______________________________________________________________________________
      hahaha thanks you -v- I will visit your blog soon after my chem reports

      Delete
  2. I like to drink coffee but I know little about how to make a cup of coffee. I'm glad to read this article to learn something about coffee. BTW, if you know there is any good coffee shop near NTU, please tell me. I am seeking the coffee that I desired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, to have a cup of estate coffee is "relatively" expensive so I rarely go to coffee shop. I usually have coffee my teacher brew. Though, I will start look for coffee shop anyway (maybe a shop/ a week haha)

      Delete