Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ― Mother Teresa

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”  ― Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 13, 2014

6. Aroma and taste of coffee

   This week I want to introduce the aroma of coffee.  Read and find out how many kinds of scent you can find in coffee.
    
   -- Caramelly  
         due to the roasting of coffee beans, almost every coffee bears this flavor


   -- Acidity 
         Not bothersome, the acidity of coffee can be very attractive. Citrus(orange)and  berry are  common flavor you may find especially in Africa coffee. A great acidity isn't harsh and acrid but smooth and mild. 

  -- Fruity&floral

        Many coffee have at least one scent of a fruit or flower though I think this is a little bit hard to distinguish them. Just imagine the flavor of fruits when you drink coffee, finding the flavor in common.

     The taste of coffee is the thing we concern.  Depends on each person, the balance of bitterness and acidity  varies. Some people love light body, and some
doesn't. A good cup of coffee waits you to find it out (*´艸`*)

p.s. this week I went to a fantastic pancake restaurant called " ozna omom " https://www.facebook.com/uznaomom.pancake  







reference :http://www.zecuppa.com/coffeeterms-cupping-tasting.htm#acidity



  

7 comments:

  1. Most of the coffee smells good, but tastes bitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm.... I'm not sure whether you tasted good coffee. A good coffee suppose to be attractive, the bitterness is balanced, not unlovely.

      Delete
  2. Cake!!!! The combination of cakes and coffee is so perfect!! Enjoying the tea time at the coffee shop in the afternoon always brings us relaxation. ^^
    By the way, I am so surprised that coffee has the floral aroma. I never notice that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Actually this is not coffee XDDD I put the photo just want to show caramel syrup on the hot chocolate )
      The floral aroma is easily disappeared by overheating. Try to think before you drink it down, you will find it interesting. (( The coffee beans last night I smelled have " strawberry cake" aroma.... It's very attractive.... but the price is 4times than the coffee I drink now. Her name is 藝妓 geisha.

      Delete
  3. Acidity is fascinating for me!!
    I take much emphasis on acidity to determine that this coffee is appealing to me or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "smell" XDDD Acidity matters a lot. But this week, I just change another kind of coffee beans, not berry aroma one, noticed for its acidity, that I've drunk for a month.

      Delete
  4. I'm too clumsy to distinguish the aroma, I only know they smell so fantastic >///<
    Oh, btw, will you introduce different sorts of coffee, there's a lot of different types of coffee but I don't know the difference @~@

    ReplyDelete